The Bump Diaries: Non-Alcoholic Christmas & New Year’s Eve
It’s almost time for Christmas and New Year’s eve! I have had a lot to celebrate this year, from buying our first house to being 21 weeks pregnant at the moment. As I get ready to enjoy the festive season with a growing bump, I’m being very careful when it comes to my holiday menu. Keep reading to find out what to eat and what to avoid, how to celebrate in style, and explore some tempting non-alcoholic options from DrinkNolo.ie!
Festive foods paired with non-alcoholic drinks
Being pregnant doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate with style. Embrace the holiday spirit with a sparkling mocktail in hand. Visit drinknolo.ie for non-alcoholic alternatives that sparkle and fizz without the alcohol content. Here are some specific products to consider and what you can pair them with.
- Sparkling Wine: “Non-alcoholic sparkling wine is a delightful and refreshing beverage that offers all the effervescence and elegance of traditional sparkling wine, without the alcohol content.”
- Must-try: Wild Life Botanicals Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Wine Nude [750ml] / So Jennie Blanc Dry Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Wine [750ml]
- Tip: they both go very well with my latest recipes for Christmas Appetiser Wreath with Mozzarella, Salami, Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, and Basil and Sausage Roll Wreath with Cranberry Sauce and Stuffing
- Red Wine: “With its deep crimson hue, non-alcoholic red wine offers a wide range of flavours, from fruity and jammy to earthy and spicy. It is often enjoyed for its ability to complement a variety of dishes from wintery stews to grilled steak from the BBQ.”
- White Wine: “Non-alcoholic white wine is a refreshing and versatile alcohol-free beverage made from fermented white grapes. With its crisp and light flavours, it typically pairs well with a variety of dishes, from seafood to poultry.”
- Rosé Wine: “Non-alcoholic rosé wine is a delightful and versatile pink-hued wine that offers a refreshing and crisp taste. Made from a variety of red grapes, it strikes a perfect balance between the richness of red wine and the lightness of white wine.”
- Must-try: Wild Life Botanicals Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Wine Blush [750ml] / ALT – Alcohol-free 0% Organic Sparkling Rosé [750ml]
- Tip: these wines are match made in heaven with Beetroot hummus with za’atar and pomegranate and Triple Flavoured Goat Cheese Appetiser Balls and Logs
Take a look at my Christmas & New Year’s eve recipes for more inspiration for appetisers, starters, mains or desserts!
Fern & Follie pregnancy-safe recipes
There are quite a lot of drinks recipes on my blog that are safe to have during your pregnancy:
- Blueberry – Gingerbread Syrup Mocktail with Rosemary and Lemon
- Apple – Gingerbread Syrup Sparkling Mocktail
- Strawberry & Elderflower Mocktail With Mint And Blackberries
- Ginger Beer & Pineapple Mocktail
- Five Festive Non-Alcoholic Mocktails Anyone Can Enjoy
- Grape & Rosemary Mocktail
- Virgin Clementine Mojito
- Cranberry & Apple Spritzer Mocktail
- Non-Alcoholic Mimosa Mocktail
Here’s to a happy, healthy, and festive holiday season! Cheers!